Saturday, February 3, 2007

No sleep, No smokes.

SUNDAY MORNIN’ BLUES

I woke up this mornin’
It was only 5 am.
But try as I might
I couldn’t get to sleep again
I’ve got those early Sunday mornin’
Ain’t getting’ no lie in blues

I staggered out of bed
With a cravin’ for nicotine
But my cigarettes and lighter
Were nowhere to be seen
I’ve got those early Sunday mornin’
No smokin’ in the kitchen blues.

I went to the bathroom
Just to wash my face
Now I can’t find a towel
And I’m drippin’ all over the place
I’ve got those early Sunday mornin’
No towels in the bathroom blues

MY brother has been bitchin’
That I need a middle eight
To break things up a bit
He gave it to me straight
Damned if I know what he’s talkin’ about
I’m not Andrew Lloyd Webber
So I’ll leave writin’ better songs
To folks who are really clever

I’ve got those early Sunday Mornin’
I’m a blogger not a boffin blues.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Be good when you finish it!