Monday, March 12, 2007

GREAT QUOTES BY GREAT LADIES


Inside every older lady is a younger lady… wondering what the hell happened.-
Cora Harvey Armstrong-
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out.
But I can usually shut her up with cookies
.
The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.
-Helen Hayes (at 73)-
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
-Janette Barber-
Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
-Lily Tomlin-
A male gynaecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car
.-Carrie Snow-
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-
My second favourite household chore is ironing.
My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint
.-Erma Bombeck-
Old age ain't no place for sissies.
-Bette Davis-
A Man’s got to do what a man's got to do.
A woman must do what he can't.
-Rhonda Hansome-
The phrase "working mother"is redundant
-Jane Sellman-
Every time I close the door on reality,
it comes in through the windows.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Whatever women must do
they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.
Luckily, this is not difficult.
-Charlotte Whitton-
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together
and your body starts falling apart.
-Caryn Leschen-
I try to take one day at a time -
- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
If you can't be a good example -
- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
-Catherine-
I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes
because I know I'm not dumb
and I'm also not blonde.
-Dolly Parton-
If high heels were so wonderful,
men would still be wearing them
.-Sue Grafton-
I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.
-Roseanne Barr-
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping.
Men invade another country..
-Elayne Boosler-
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
-Maryon Pearson-
In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man.
If you want anything done, ask a woman.
-Margaret Thatcher-
I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on
how to combine marriage and a career.
-Gloria Steinem-
I am a marvellous housekeeper.
Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.
-Zsa Gabor-
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
!

4 comments:

In Ink said...

Some of those colors hurt my eyes. It is interesting to play with stuff like that when you're new to the intarwebs but good, readable text is always what you should be aiming for.

cathy said...

Duly changed most painful colours.
Good advice always welcome.

Amaya said...

The last quote is my favorite, but I liked them all.

Anonymous said...

Well-behaved women seldom make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Behind every successful woman is herself."

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."